The next instalment takes place at the TyneBank Brewery in Newcastle Upon Tyne, and the main event is on Friday 20th, doors from 7pm. Featuring all three of the speakers from the 2017 edition, we have a few new exciting additions.
Starting from Tuesday 17th April, and running for a week after the event, we are delighted to present a photography exhibition showcasing the brilliant work of Anto Baird, whose photos from the ‘Way Of Piste: The Southern Ocean’ talk are truly inspiring. Accompanying his exhibition will be some short written stories to illuminate the remote wild paradise that is South Georgia, the resting place of Sir Ernest Henry Shackleton. This exhibition will run till the 27th of April, and for those who want to know more about ski touring & photographing in this sort of environment, Anto will be on site for the night of the 20th
On the night of Friday 20th, we’re bringing the vibe of the last event to the city. Off the back of the PyeongChang Winter Olympics & the now infamous Beast From The East, we’ve added a little more snowy inspiration. To kick off proceedings, we are pleased to welcome back Kate Chandler & Stu Swift, who captivated the audience at the last event. Hit the Speakers page for more info on their talks.
We then have a special guest speaker to close out the programme- Olympic Bronze medal winning snowboarder, Jenny Jones. As part of the BBC broadcast team in Korea she is coming in hot with a lot of amazing stories and experiences; a true to life Olympian who walked an unlikely path to Olympic success.
- 7:00 Doors Open
- 7:45pm Kate Chandler ‘In Search of Wind: Brazil”
- 8:30pm Stu Swift ‘A West African Surf Odyssey’
- 9:30pm Prize raffle in aid of SAS and SnowCamp.
- 10pm Jenny Jones ‘Life in the Olympics’ with Q&A.
- 11 till late: Music
- Auction & Raffle prizes:
- Custom Visionary ‘Hornet’ Surfboard- FULL DETAILS ON THE BLOG HERE.
- Jenny Jones mystery gift pack.
- Montane Backpacks 1 x Mens Halogen 25 pack.
- Northcore Surf Robe & Earplugs
- MagicSeaweed Pro account memberships x 2
- Lost Explorer Beach Bag, Book & Cosmetics.
- Print sale from Anto Baird’s exhibition.
- Mystery envelopes with £10 vouchers for As You like It, Jesmond (maybe 1, maybe 10…!)
- Wooden Spoon
- Other Prizes TBC.